RCPD is asking residents and businesses to report any and all criminal activity. Reporting a crime means:
Here are ways you can report:
- To report a crime in progress or suspicious activity, call 9-1-1.
- You can also now send a text message to 9-1-1 from your mobile phone or handheld device. Learn when and how to text 9-1-1
- To report a crime after the fact, please call our non-emergency number at 916-362-5115.
- File a police report online by following the instructions below.
- Have information on a crime? Submit a tip online by clicking here.
- Report homeless camps, shopping carts, traffic safety concerns, abandoned vehicles, and more using Fresh Connect, the City’s online reporting system. Simply snap a photo and send your report via the City’s website or mobile app, and get an update once the problem is resolved. Visit http://cityofranchocordova.org/freshconnect to get started today!
Report a Crime Online
RCPD’s online reporting system allows residents to submit an online report that occurs in the City of Rancho Cordova and unincorporated Sacramento County. You need a valid email address to submit an online report.
We strongly encourage you to be thorough and accurate when submitting your report. In addition, we must remind you that submitting a false report is a crime.
Make sure you can report your incident online. These types of incident reports CAN be reported online:
- Identity theft
- Lost property
- Property theft
- Mail theft
- Theft from vehicle
- Failure to pay for services
- Citizen information report
- Illegal dumping
- Telephone harassment
Make sure you have all the information you need to submit your report. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Yourself: Who is reporting (victim identity)
- Incident: When and where it happened and your detailed description of the event. You can also attach pictures and images to the report.
- Person: Who are the suspects and witnesses (optional)
- Vehicle: What vehicle was involved in the incident (optional)
- Property: What was lost, stolen, forged or damaged
Once your report is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation with a tracking number. Within approximately 10 business days , your incident will be reviewed by RCPD. An official copy of the report and case number will be delivered to your email when approved. Reports are reviewed and assigned to detectives for follow-up based on investigative leads, severity of the crime, investigative staffing, and the District Attorney's case filing guidelines.
If you have questions regarding your report, please contact the Centralized Investigations Division at 916-874-5041 and have your report number available. If you need additional information regarding your report, or have questions about submitting your report online, please contact RCPD at 916-875-9600.
NOTE: Check your junk mail or spam inbox if the tracking number is not received within 15 minutes after submitting the report. Furthermore, add CaSacramentoCountySD@coplogic.com to your trusted email list.
To determine if your incident can be submitted online, please answer the questions below:
|Did the incident occur in the city limits of Sacramento, Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Galt or Folsom? Click here to find your jurisdiction.|
|Was someone injured as a result of this incident?|
|Did the crime involve the use or threat of a weapon (gun, knife, etc.)?|
|Was any physical evidence left at the scene?|
|If your crime was a theft, did someone enter your home, business or locked garage without your permission?|
|Did the crime involve the theft of a motor vehicle or license plate?|
You must answer all questions to determine if an incident can be submitted online.
The incident you are describing may NOT be reported online. These incidents should be reported by calling 916-362-5115, and the operator will direct you.
Add Missing Property Information to an Active Report
Do you need to add missing property information to your active report? You will need to provide your original report number (i.e. 2019-xxxxxxx), and if possible, the make and/or model and serial numbers of any equipment.
Use this link if a theft or burglary report has been taken and you have not submitted a list of missing property to the Sheriff’s Office. When prompted, select Have Property Info to Enter and follow the online instructions.