RCPD has launched a new Crime Free Multi-Housing Program to prevent criminal activity and keep our rental communities in the City of Rancho Cordova safe. By becoming certified in this state-of-the-art program, you can reduce calls for service, develop a more stable rental community, and reduce your exposure to civil liability.
How to Become Certified
The property becomes certified and property managers can become individually certified after completing the following three steps:
Step 1: 4-Hour Management Training Taught by RCPD
The training will include:
- Elements to Certification
- Crime Prevention Orientation
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Combating Illegal Activity
- Community Rules and Leases
- Partnering with RCPD
- Dealing with Non-Compliance
Step 2: CPTED Survey of the Property by RCPD
The survey of the property will include:
- Minimum door, window and lock standards compliance inspection
- Minimum exterior lighting standards evaluation
- Key control procedures evaluation
- Landscape maintenance standards compliance
Step 3: Community Awareness
- Annual crime prevention social hosted by property management and RCPD
- Community awareness and continuous participation is encouraged
Certification expires annually unless renewed following completion of Steps 1 and 2.
You will receive access to special resident screening tools, a special lease addendum, marketing materials, and more.
Register for March 26 Training
Join RCPD for the first training towards certification in the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program! The training will be held on Thursday, March 26, 2020 from 8 AM to noon at RCPD, 2897 Kilgore Road in Rancho Cordova. Register by filling out the form below.